Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gearing Up for the Storm...Not Really...Sort of

The other day I heard cc saying that Beijing is on the same latitude as North Korea. I couldn't help myself so I Google-searched "Beijing temperature lows"

Here's what I found:

Maximum
Minimum

Beijing weather in January

1°C / 34°F
-9°C / 16°F

Beijing weather in February

6°C / 43°F
-6°C / 21°

Note the 16 degree F, in January. That's pretty cold for someone who's lived in California all his life. Anyway, I made the mistake of letting cc see the temperatures over my shoulder. Her reaction: "And why again are we leaving the Bay Area for this?!" :)

A few days later Mountain Hardware was having its semi-annual warehouse sale, so we decided to go with a few of our friends to find some winter gear. And yeah... we went a little nuts. Check it out...

Here's the mound we bought:














(that's 2 down jackets, 1 double-layered gore-tex jacket, 2 fleeces, 4 shirts)

Here's the mound on cc:



















Next purchases: long underwear...

dc

2 comments: